WORDS TO LIVE BY





I came across this quote from Vivienne Westwood over the weekend and it really hit home with me. We don't all have an endless amount of money laying around. We can't always have everything we want. There's so many starving people in the world and then there's others who have collections of designer makeup worth thousands of dollars. There's nothing wrong with wanting nice things if you can afford it, but it's important regardless of how much you can afford - buy less and choose well. 

How many red lipsticks does one person need? I only have one (lipstick above), yes it's a $39 lipstick, but I only have one and it will last me forever. Over the weekend I met up with my friends for a girls dinner. One of my friends was wearing the TF perfume above. It actually smelled like heaven. It's extremely pricey but if I was going to buy just one new perfume and wear it for the rest of my life, this would be the one. The booties above are actually an example of something I really, really wanted but decided against because I know they're a little on the trendy side and with my limited budget, I thought it would be better to buy something a little bit more classic. My point is, when you're shopping, stop and think... do I really need another one, how long will it last me, is it good quality? Try not to spend blindly, the lipstick companies want you to have 50 different red lipsticks but at the end of the day, will anyone even notice that you're not wearing the same red? Prob not.

That's enough out of me,

Senso, Bessi booties available at Capezio.com
Tom Ford, Black Orchid available at Sephora.com
Yves Saint Laurent, Rouge Volupte Shine available at Sephora.com