MAKING THE BEST OF A BAD HAIR COLOR





Recently one of my besties asked me if I could help her with a headshot she needed for her new website launch. Of course I said yes because what's more fun then a photo shoot with your friend. 

We rented professional lenses, brought in lighting, I did her makeup and styled her outfit, she looked awesome.

At first it was hard to achieve that natural shot we were looking for so we ended up moving the shoot from an upstairs office area to the front of the house. I literally stood outside in the freezing cold (-20) taking hundreds of shots of her to try and capture the perfect lighting. We finally got the amazing shot we needed. 

Once we were done, I decided to see if I could get one of me as I'm in need of a new headshot. Unfortunately, I had been dealing with a bad hair color for a few weeks. I wanted a light brown but of course it turned out super brassy. The pictures above are okay but I don't feel like myself with this hair color. I think it's important to feel comfortable in your appearance and when you're not, it shows. 

Eventually I will get a great headshot that represents my style and professionalism, but for now, I thought I'd share these photos because they captured how much fun we had. 

xo