GOTSTYLE - DISTILLERY DISTRICT










When GOTSTYLE ventured into the Distillery District (formerly a menswear only store) I was excited to check  out what they did with their women's selection. I love shopping in "his & hers" style stores because they tend to have a relaxed and cool vibe. 

Do you ever get that rushed feeling when you drag your partner into a store and you can tell they want to get out of there as soon as possible? You end up buying something you're on the fence about (regretting it later) because you felt the pressure to decide? I certainly have. 

My new strategy is to slip a shopping trip into other activities so my boyfriend doesn't realize. GOTSTYLE is perfect for this because it's located in my backyard!

We love waking up on Sunday mornings, sauntering downstairs with our two doggies, picking up a Balzac coffee and then strolling around the Distillery District. There's something magical about the Distillery District - the cobble stone walkways and the old brick buildings make you feel like you've left busy downtown toronto and went back in time. Just as we're about to head home I casually suggest we pop into GOTSTYLE. As soon as we enter the gorgeous two-level, sprawling 6,700 square foot space, he's off unwittingly shopping away
. Works every time.

GOTSTYLE fits in perfectly with the area's demographic and culture, they carry the right mix of international and local brands. If I were going to speak for the Distillery District inhabitants, I would say, we're fashion conscious. We pride ourselves on looking put together and stylish. And we are happy to support local businesses and Canadian brands.

GOTSTYLE carries a full range of accessories focused on wardrobing the modern woman's life and style. Their womenswear collection is a versatile mix of business wear, social wear and casual wear, from the basics to those unique pieces that always complete an outfit. I was thrilled when I discovered their amazing selection of women's denim brands. They carry an awesome selection of Paige Denim (my fave) with hard to find pieces. 

For more info on GOTSTYLE, check out their blog.http://blog.gotstyle.ca/